Thursday, May 19, 2016

Your Go-To Hydration System. The Spibelt H20 Venture Series!

Disclaimer:  I received the SPI H20 Venture Series Hydration Belt from SpiBelt as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro ( ambassador ), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews.


If you are looking for a light-weight, bounce-free hydration belt this one is for you!  I really love the SPI H20 Venture Series belt!  It has many great perks and is overall a solid belt at a great price.  You won't regret this purchase.  

One of the best features about this belt is the wide waistband.  It is made of strong and stretchy elastic and is amazingly comfortable.  I have run several long runs of 10 + miles with it and never even knew that I had it on.  It comes with 2 - 8 ounce bottles that perfectly contour to your body and can be placed anywhere on the belt.  Don't worry, if you want to have more than 16 ounces during your run this belt can easily accommodate more bottles.  They can be purchased for $9.99.  

 
 

















One of the most impressive benefits of this belt is the "no-bounce" technology.   I am serious when I say these bottles did not move when I was running.  They have a contoured clip on the back that slides down onto the belt and they stay secure.  The bottles are BPA free, wide enough to fit ice cubes and are top rack dishwasher safe. 

Typically, I only run with hydration when I'm running over 10 miles.  Currently, I am one month away from my first marathon, so the miles keep adding on!  In order to perform at my best I also need to carry fuel.  My favorite energy is the Honey Stinger chews and the front pocket on this belt holds them great!  It is a tad difficult to access while running because once the belt is secure on your waist, the zipper pouch is tight against your body.  It takes a bit of practice to get used to accessing your chews, but all in all I am happy with the front pouch access.  There are also two bands on each size of the belt that will easily hold energy gels if that is your preferred fuel choice.  



The downside to this belt is the space inside the pouch.  It absolutely is big enough to fit my iphone5. But, only if I'm not planning on carrying fuel with me.  Because I like energy chews, I need to have them in the pouch and not much else fits during my runs if I need to carry the chews.  It would be great to have an extra add on pouch that clips on like the hydration bottles.  This pouch essentially would be strictly for energy chews;  much like the loops on the outside of the belt that hold energy gels. 
 
Another very cool feature of this belt is the toggle clips that come with it.  You can place your race bib right on the belt and you are all set.  When needing to get into the pouch, I would place the race bib on the back, but it absolutely could be worn on the front if you're not needing access to the pouch during a race. 



Let's talk hydration access.  Because the water bottles are adjustable to anywhere that is comfortable to you, it's a breeze to use the bottles during your run.  I love to place mine on the front of each hip for front access.  I have  also had no trouble using the bottles, as they clip back on the belt very easily.  In addition, I have a habit of taking post-race jumping photos and seriously, even after several attempts to get that perfect jump these bottles do not slip!  

This may have been take 282.... but who's counting. :)
This belt is inexpensive and a great addition as your newest running accessory.  It's great price at $44.99 makes it affordable for nearly everyone and if you use CODE:  "gina10"  you will save 10%.  Spibelt always offers FREE shipping in the U.S as well.  That's a great perk!  Who wants to pay for shipping; not me!

For the first time, I'm thinking up with Smitha for her TRY OUT THURSDAY blog.  Another fellow pro Jessica gives her review of the Spibelt too! Make sure to check out what she thinks!!

Want to win one?  Make sure to join us at our twitter chat where we talk all things running!  It's coming up on Tuesday,  May 24th at 8PM, CST.  Just search bibrave or #bibchat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment