In case you didn't already know it, Minnesota is awesome.
- The Medal! HellllloooOOO!! If you're anything like me, you love a good medal. Twin Cities in Motion always leaves their medals "top-secret" so you'll have to finish the race to see. All 5K and 10 mile participants get a medal. It is a new race feature of 2016! I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection for sure!
- You may just hear some Minnesota-slang. Yup! You Betcha!! Ya - der - Hey! You can't miss our lingo... it's the best!
- Did someone say HOT DISH? Yup, you guessed it! Post-race food is Hot Dish. This year... word on the street is that it has corn flakes on top. How Minnesotan is that? I think you'll enjoy it.
- This race is lumberjack, beard and Minnesotan themed. There is a competition for the best dressed costume for each category. I, myself, am not very adventurous when it comes to running in costume. However, my friend Angie, and fellow BibRave Pro has a lot of experience running in costume AND she has run this race before! Head on over to her blog and see her previous costumes!
- FUN! This race is just plain FUN! Check out the video below for your sneak peak!
- Beautiful Scenery! Skyline views from every angle. Beautiful architecture, beautiful bridges and views of the Mighty Mississippi!
- Post-race Finnegan's Beer. This race was voted Top 10 by active.com for their post-race beer gardens. If you're over 21, you won't want to miss it!
- Lastly, and certainly not least... Don't forget the awesome Fit-Sok themed for the Hot Dash! Enter to win these great socks here! THREE winners will be chosen. Drawing ends Friday, March 4th!