Saturday, May 7, 2016

Flattering and Comfortable - My Review of Zensah Well Rounded Shorts

Disclaimer:  I received the Zensah Well Rounded Shorts as part of being a BibRave Pro.  
Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro ( ambassador ), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews. 


As a mom and thirty-something woman, it is important for me to portray a fairly modest attire when at the gym.  Don't get me wrong,  I work hard for my body and I do want to be able to see my physique progress,  however I've never owned a pair of compression shorts until I was given the opportunity to test them for Zensah and BibRave.   

Compression shorts have always scared me a bit.  My impression was that they were very tight and somewhat revealing.   I certainly am not 16 anymore.   Those opinions changed when I first put on the well rounded shorts.  They come in 4 different colors.  I chose the heather grey so that I'd have just a bit more versatility when wearing them with different tops.  

From the moment I put these on,  I noticed how soft and comfortable they were.  I also really love the high and wide waist band.  It holds me in in all the right places and is very flattering.   If you're struggling to lose a bit of "baby-belly" you will likes these shorts!  Suddenly, all of that extra baby-belly disappears! 


The sizing appears to be right on.  I did struggle with the decision between the small and the medium.  I am a pretty true size 6.  The medium states they fit size 6-8.  I decided on the medium and I'm very glad that I did.  They seem to fit nicely in my thighs and do not squeeze.  I was worried that I'd have sausage legs.  You know what I mean?  When they are so tight around your legs you buldge out a bit?  Nope.  Not these.  However, I do think it's because I sized up and ordered the Medium.  

Let's talk about these shorts when working out!  I had the opportunity to wear these shorts several times at the gym as well as running.  I also used many different pieces of gum equipment.  Ie:  elliptical, treadmill,  rowing machine, and stationary bike.  I also use free weights regularly and have a circuit that involves burpees and the weight bench.  NOT ONCE did I have to adjust these shorts.  I never pulled them down or pulled out the dreaded "wedgie." They fit just right!!

Ok ladies! Let's talk underwear. I know its sometimes hard to talk about our "unmentionables" but here goes.  Zensah developed these shorts to be worn commando.  Yes... you heard me correctly: sans panties.  Excuse me? This is the part in the blog post where you hear the mic drop or the record screech. Or, in the words of my niece... "Hold the phone!"  Going commando while working out or running? No way! That's the thing? I guess so.... as this was news to me! 


I had never gone commando. EVER. I did give it the old college try though.  It's just not for me. BUT.. I wore these plenty of times with my underwear and I had no problem with panty lines. So, if you're like me and like to have a bit more coverage, rest assured you absolutely can wear them with your panty of choice! 

If you're on the fence about these shorts.  Go for it.  They are inexpensive and you can get 15% off with CODE:  ZENBIB15.  Definitely give them a shot.  I dare you to find a more comfortable pair!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! You make me laugh - I'm still LOLing at all the emails sent around about these shorts.

    ReplyDelete