Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Coolest Headphones Around: TREKZ TITANIUM - REVIEW

Disclaimer:  I received TREKZ TITANIUM bone conduction headphones from Aftershokz as part of being a BibRave Pro.  
Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro ( ambassador ), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews. 


These headphones are seriously the coolest headphones I have ever owned.  When I was given the opportunity to test the Trekz Titanium headphones I jumped at the chance.  As you can see,  I had a little dance party when they came in the mail! 


In Minnesota, the early mornings are dark for about 8 months of the year.  Usually, I don't listen to music because I really want to be aware of all of my surroundings.  I am hyper aware of everything going on around me so music seems to just get in the way.  After receiving these headphones, that all changed!  Now, I don't have to be worried about not hearing what's happening around me when I'm out on the run.   

What makes these headphones unique is their bone conduction technology.  They actually are placed OUTSIDE your ear!  See how I'm wearing them in the picture below!  I have particularly small ear canals, so almost all of the headphones I have tried end up hurting my ears after extended wear.  Sometimes, I can't even wear them the entire time because my ears hurt half-way through my workout! 


My husband even stole them to wear at work in his office the first week I had them.  He was excited because he said that now no one has to hear his music.  He did comment that he thought they were very comfortable but that they didn't have much bass.  I laughed and said there's a reason for that and it's because the purpose of these headphones is to help you HEAR what is going on around you.  

Note: if you want a LARGE sound from your headphones, these are not then ones for you.   However, if you want to be able to watch a movie or listen to tunes while working out.... these will be great!  There is also an equillizer function that helps you increase bass and if you want more sound, you can use earplugs to block out the ambient noise around you.

Over the course of my evaluation of these headphones, I have gotten asked a lot of questions. First is if they shift and are comfortable while wearing them.  I assure you they absolutely are!  They fit my head pretty darn good but if yours are a bit too big,  you can use the adjusting straps to help them fit your head.  I never have had trouble with the headphones shifting while running or strength training! 

Another question that has been asked is if they are waterproof.  Unfortunately, NO.  However, they are sweat-proof and do well with rigorous exercise.  I have gotten the most use out of them on the treadmill.  Not because I don't like running outside, but because I've been nursing a leg injury.  This picture was taken during a 4 mile run, and I had absolutely no slippage of any kind and they have great sound.  


I bet you're wondering how they work?  They are bluetooth enabled and sync with any device you'd like.  The sync process takes about 60 seconds, and voila!  You're ready to go!  Did I mention you can talk and make phone calls with these bad boys?  The left ear piece has a multi-function button and it controls all of your tasks.  Make sure to save the instruction booklet just in case! I've had to brush up on a few commands since receiving the headphones.  


Just a push of the button will play, pause, skip, answer and voice dial.  Aren't these the coolest?  They plug in to charge via USB right into an adapter in your outlet.  I have yet to charge mine.  The battery life is great!  They also come in a few different colors. 

A few specs are below: 

- Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds

- Titanium wraparound headband is lightweight and flexible for durability and portability

- OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear

- PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass

- Wireless Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing

- LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage

- IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather

- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge 

- EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go

- Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech

- Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk

- Hassle-free 2-year warranty

You won't be disappointed with these headphones!  For a limited time all orders receive 20% off with CODE: BIBRAVE20. 

Don't forget to check out our bibchat on Tuesday's at 8 pm CST.  You are always eligible to win cool prizes.  This week the sponsor is none other than Aftershokz!

1 comment:

  1. Very good review! I've looked at these headphones, but I'm all about that bass!

    ReplyDelete