Saturday, December 29, 2018

ZWIFT RUN - GO ZWIFT POD REVIEW

Disclaimer:  I received the ZWIFT RUNPOD to use and review as part of being a BibRave Pro. 
Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), 
and check out BibRave to review, find and write race reviews.



Minnesota winters can be brutally cold, so as an avid runner, it's imperative to have a treadmill when the weather gets chilly.  I do have amazing running gear to brave the cold, but rain and fresh snow and sub-zero temperatures just are not safe.  Consequently, my treadmill has been a life-saver!  However, it can be challenging to train on a treadmill effectively and it can get quite boring.  

Recently, I was given the to opportunity to try the ZWIFT RUN POD.  I first learned of ZWIFT because I was able to attend the TRE Running Event in Austin Texas.  As influencers, we were treated like royalty and were greeted when we arrived with a private ZWIFT party!   Here we all our as a group!  This is such a great photo I just had to share! THANK YOU ZWIFT! 


The private ZWIFT experience was such a unique opportunity because a few fellow bibrave pros were even able to run on the treadmill as we cheered them on.  It was very cool to watch them run a virtual course on the big screen!  The people of ZWIFT were so accommodating and made sure that our every question was answered!  


Cheering on fellow pros as they ran their virtual course! 
So what exactly does the ZWIFT RUN POD do?  The pod attaches securely to your shoe laces to instantly connect you with a virtual running community from all over the world!  Anyone who has a pod can sync up and run on the same course!   Just tap the pod and GO!  It will automatically turn off with inactivity. 

Here is the pod attached to my laces; it fits securely 
At first, right out of the box, I was a bit confused as to how to insert the battery.  But, with a quick youtube search I found that with a strong grip and a click to the right, the top came off and the battery slid right in!  When you tap on the pod, a green light will appear and you are ready to run!  The pod syncs with compatible devices with bluetooth to transmit directly to the app!  I was able to pair my Apple Watch AND my Under Armour HOVR shoes with ease.  Make sure you download the ZWIFT app!  In addition, the ZWIFT COMPANION app is very helpful too! 


Over the past month, I've had a great time following along with my avatar and watching her run the different courses provided!  You can even run the course in New York City!   One of the functions I really enjoyed was the virtual trainer.  During the run, you are prompted with speed increases and bursts of speed as well as how to properly recover or drop your speed during tempo runs, for example.  This function is great because it's not always easy to know if you're training hard/well enough.  This pod will take that guess work out for you!   Just look at how beautiful this virtual scenery is! 



Recently, many of us from Bibrave joined up in a virtual run!  We were able to schedule a group run during a time when many of us would be available to join.  VOILA!  At the start time, we were all synced up and running together!  *Remember to calibrate your running speed or the pod will not be as accurate, however.   It truly was so fun to see the names of my friends running alongside me; all virtually from all across the country! 


I have already used this RUN POD a lot!  I use it regularly as a supplement to my training as I have found it comes in handy!  Plus, it definitely makes my runs more fun!   And, at $29.99 it's an inexpensive investment that will surely liven up your same-old boring treadmill runs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment