Thursday, December 20, 2018

A Runner's Guide to Gear - PART TWO

Disclaimer:  I received these products mentioned below to use and review as part of being a BibRave Pro. They were given to me at the TRE Running Experience in Austin, Texas. 
 Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), 
and check out BibRave to review, find and write race reviews.



Look at all the amazing SWAG!
Last week, I introduced you to some amazing products that were given to me as part of being an influencer for Bibrave at the TRE running event in Austin.  As I said before, this was such a fun event and a great experience.  If you'd like to hear about the products I reviewed in PART ONE, feel free to click here.  Otherwise, hold on to your hats as this blog will focus on the rest of the wonderful products I was gifted.

You will see a general theme with this post, as I tried to group these products together.  Most of them do have a direct correlation with running and recovery!   And.. with my suspected plantar fasciitis, I was in desperate need of these recovery products! 


At first, when I was gifted these shoes, I was worried.  As a runner who has preferred ultra cushion since I started running in 2011, the zero-drop platform in these shoes was a concern.  But, as with anything new, it's also best to break them in slowly.  

After many miles, mostly on the treadmill, I can now say that these are the shoes that I grab when I'm ready to run!   




I really love the tread/patterned foot bed on these shoes. I can feel the traction immediately from heal strike to toe.  My feet turn over easily, and this may just be me, but I feel that the extra traction and position of the tread on these shoes actually propels me forward as my heel comes off the road and/or treadmill. 




I have also really enjoyed using these shoes to cross-train!  I use them frequently for my HIIT workouts and they are light and not cumbersome!  All in all - great shoe.  I have not run any long distances in these shoes just yet as I want to be comfortable first. But, I will continue to build mileage to see how that will go for me in the future.   

ARCANUM SPORTS PERFORMANCE

These products were completely new to me, so I was very interested in what they had to offer.  So what makes them so special?   Arcanum products contain activated hemp which has been shown to enhance recovery and performance in athletes!  I was definately intrigued.

In my package from Arcanum, I was gifted the Sarco Breeze Massage oil, The Sarco Freeze topical cooling lotion and the Quill Pen.   I have used and enjoyed all three products over the last month.  If I had to pick a favorite, the massage oil wins!  It has a light scent and because my foot has been so sore, I've been using it at night before bed.  When I am done applying it, I put socks on. Not only does it help me with my sore muscles, my feet are incredibly smooth as well!  




The quill pen aids in healing and has an advanced dosage controlled delivery system that you dispense on your inner wrist.  I have been using it before bed and have noticed I drift off to sleep quickly and stay asleep so that has been great as well.  I can't say that there is a direct correlation just yet with my sleep patterns, but it sure doesn't hurt! 



I have used the Sarco Freeze a TON!  Here is a video that I did one evening before bed. But, I may not be using it as directed because I LOVE it as a healing hand cream.  ** Note to self, don't touch your eye after applying to your hands! The menthol in the cream will make your eyes burn.    My hands feels like butter and I am so excited because I really struggle with dry hands in the winter months! 

ADDADAY MASSAGE ROLLER

I must admit, I have never been a "roller."  It's true!  Should I be?  Absolutely!  I've just never been one to take the time to roll.  However, that ALL changed when I've been plagued by nagging and irritating foot and heel pain.  Because all runners self-dianose themselves; come on... you KNOW it's true!  Because we all self-diagnose ourselves, I have plantar fasciitis.  It is manageable at this time, largely due to this magical invention!


I AM A BELIEVER!  Give me all the rollers!  This magical massage roller has helped my foot to feel so much better and if I roll after a run, I have found that I am able to run the next day!  It's a runners dream and is very convenient and easy to adapt and use!   I have been multi-tasking in the morning while I get ready!

CEP COMPRESSION SOCKS & TRAIL MERINO SOCKS

While we are chatting about recovery and pain, this is a nice transition into CEP compression socks!  Again, I have never been one to wear compression.  I have tried other compression socks before, and maybe I just didn't have the right size, but I always felt like my circulation was hindered.   This feeling of tightness and tingling made it very difficult for me to even want to try another pair.

Look at the beautiful colors! 
However, that is NOT a problem with these socks!  CEP compression socks are silky and comfortable.  They have an adequate amount of compression without feeling too tight and they stay put while running!  I like that the top of the socks are tight enough to stay put at your knee, but loose enough to not leave a mark when you take them off!  I have run twice in the sleeves and both times I didn't even know they were on.  My toes were comfortable.   They were not too scrunched and I felt that I was able to wick sweat away easily!




Let's talk about washing - I absolutely did NOT dry these.  I was just afraid to, so I hung them to dry, but they did amazing in the washing machine!  No shrinkage or color fading either!   Because my foot has been sore, I have also worn the recovery socks while at home!  Here they are as I lounged in front of our Christmas tree!


These compression socks are all priced around $60 and have a 150-200 wear guarantee before the compression starts to lesson!  I think that's great!  Because honestly, all socks after that many times wearing would need to be thrown out anyway!

INCREDIWEAR

WOW!! Incrediwear outdid themselves when it comes to what was in our swag bags!  Incrediwear is scientifically proven to increase circulation which in turn leads to less pain, swelling, fatigue and stiffness.  I was gifted THREE pair of socks, all of different lengths and some amazing capris!  I definitely enjoyed the capris the MOST! They fit me like a glove and are true to size.  They are comfortable yet breathable.

When I am on the treadmill,  I usually run in as little clothes as possible, but for the sake of this review I wore them to run!  I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't so much as shift an inch during my run and they wicked away my sweat effortlessly!  I was never too warm!  I am very happy with these capris, and actually  - they are best worn for recovery, so I have worn these multiple times for just every day activity.  I love them!  Thank you Incrediwear!

How amazing are these capris??



As far as the socks - they are light and comfy.  I have worn them for activity and for work days as well.  My feet were comfy and cozy and I cannot report any problems! 
I feel so blessed and so spoiled to have been given the opportunity to test and review so many amazing products!  Thank you to Bibrave, all of the amazing sponsors and to the running event for making this all possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment