Friday, December 14, 2018

A Runner's Guide to Gear - Part ONE

Disclaimer:  I received these products mentioned below to use and review as part of being a BibRave Pro. They were given to me at the TRE Running Experience in Austin, Texas. 
 Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), 
and check out BibRave to review, find and write race reviews.


The Running Event that was held in Austin, Texas is truly a runners paradise!  If you are interested to hear more about my experience at this event please refer to my earlier blog post where I tell you all about it!  But, the purpose of this blog post is to review the products that I received while there! 

Take a seat, because you just may find that MUST-GIVE gift in this list of amazing products! 


Every runner needs a great pair of shoes.  I have been running in Brooks for several years now, but had yet to try out the GHOST 11's. Imagine my excitement when these beauties came in my runner swag bag!  




I have always been a fan of Brooks simply because of the cushion alone!  I feel like I am walking on clouds of air and running in them is even better.  My stride is effortless and easy when I wear these shoes.  Plus, they have seen lots of treadmill miles since it's so cold in Minnesota right now.  The streets have been icy, so these shoes and I have spent some time together.  They are priced mid-range and come in a variety of nice colors as well. 


As if a pair of Brooks shoes wasn't enough I received the LSD lightweight, waterproof jacket!  I was incredibly excited about this jacket and honestly, the reflective properties were so completely unexpected, I almost jumped back when I looked at the photo after taking it!  This jacket is AHH-MAZING.  For me, it's one of those gear items that I've always put off buying.  But yet, I always wanted a lightweight and completely waterproof jacket just like this one!   

This picture shows just how reflective this jacket really is! 

I am beyond excited to try this jacket out in the Spring!  Currently, in Minnesota this isn't warm enough for outside running, but I absolutely see myself throwing it on for my early morning runs when it's just a bit too chilly for exposed arms.  The reflection will be perfect for the dark mornings!  I definitely will be seen by cars and you can never be too careful! 


Until the running event, I had never heard of VOORAY.  I am now so in love with these bags I wish I could have one in every single color! From backpacks to duffels, to totes and MORE this company makes super cute, affordable, fashionable AND functional bags for the exercise lover.   I wanted to take every single bag from the display!  You can see just how cute the bags are by the display at the expo! 

Pink camouflage!  I am in love! 

We received the black backpack at the expo.  It is shown above in the first picture and below in the grouping.  It is soft as silk and very comfortable to wear.  I was so impressed by the quality and cuteness,  I immediately ordered more bags for myself and as Christmas gifts too!  Vooray thought of even the smallest details!  For instance:  the gym bag in the darker floral has an enclosed shoe compartment!  Vooray - I am in LOVE and you definitely have a customer for life!  




Hydration is of vital importance for all runners and athletes.  That is no secret.  What makes NUUN so popular amongst runners is the optimal blend of electrolytes that are in each tablet and with very little sugar!  Each tablet will enhance a 16 ounce bottle of water.  

Would you LOOK at all the different varieties of NUUN we were given at the expo!  I couldn't believe it!  Just for fun I adorned my small tree with NUUN ornaments! 

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

I have used NUUN in the past but I was especially excited about the tablets that had added caffeine!  Over the past few months I have given up  soda, so I'm enjoying the effervescent flavor of the caffeine NUUN!  The cherry - lime is my favorite! 



There are four different varieties of NUUN;  electrolytes, immunity, vitamins and performance.  Whatever your looking for they've got you covered! 


I am starting out the review of the handful products with this video because it is so powerful and really expresses the mission statement and the LOVE these products portray.    Please take the time to watch.  https://handful.com/pages/handful-pads-as-prosthetics

I was truly spoiled by Handful at the expo.  Not only did I receive a pair of leggings and a bra I was gifted another bra and tank too!  I had a lot of fun making this video about how to wear the Flippin' Awesome Scoop Tank.  How cool is the name of that tank?  I paired the tank top with the Squeeze Play Legging and the Y-Back Bra!  So cute all paired together!  



The squeeze play leggings fit like a glove and they have a beautiful ruching in the back.  I feel comfortable wearing these to workout AND to run around town!

I was also very excited to receive a SECOND bra!  How generous of the women at Handful!  The adjustable bra, as shown in the picture below, is so comfortable I've been wearing it not only to workout, but as an everyday bra as well!  It has three different strap configurations so it fits any top you have!  I will be buying more in other colors for sure!


This is the criss-cross configuration

Cute rushing in the front eliminates the uni-boob! 

VUORI OMNI PERFORMANCE SHORTS

I have already used these shorts quite a bit!  I was so excited at the weather in Austin, I immediately wore these shorts for our group run through the streets!  They have a wide and comfortable waist band with a wicking liner as well.   With the heat and humidity during my run, I found that they were quick drying as well.

I am really in LOVE with the army green color as well, although they do have a great color selection.


What makes these shorts unique?  They are Anti-odor, moisture wicking and protect at UPF 50!  In my opinion they are a bit expensive at $58.  However you do receive 10% OFF your first order and there is always free shipping!  They do fit true to size and I love the 2.5 inch inseam!  When I run, I tend to sweat a lot, so the less fabric the better!

And it these amazing products weren't enough!  I have more to review for you, so look for another blog post coming soon!  We sure were spoiled!




No comments:

Post a Comment