Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Walking On Clouds - Review of OOFOS Original Sport Sandal

Disclaimer:  I received OOFOS Ooriginal Sandals to enjoy and review as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave to review, find and write race reviews.




Think back to your last finish line.  Your hot, sweaty, tired.  Your body is exhausted.  You want to sit down, stretch and relax - maybe with a beer in hand at your finish line.  

More often then not, the first thing we do as runners is remove our socks and our shoes after a long hard run.  Until now, my drop bag at races has always been stuffed with any old pair of sandals or flip flops with no regard to if they are actually good for my feet.  

At home, after a long run,  I immediately would pull off my shoes and walk barefoot.  However, I know now, that is not the best way to care for my very tired and sometimes over-worked feet. Our feet are what takes us the distance.  Everyday, we put one foot in front of the other to get us to our finish line. 

 It's about time we give our feet the love they deserve.  
They deserve to feel the Oo! 

 
I'm a sporty girl and these sandals have become a staple in my everyday life.  I wear them whenever I can - even to kick-boxing.  Just slip on comfort and GO!



Currently, in MN it's cold and clearly not sandal weather just yet.  But, that hasn't stopped me from wearing them around my house every chance I get, especially after long runs.   Rather than walking barefoot my feet now feel as though they are walking on clouds!  

Let's talk a little bit about the science of OOFOS! 




OOFOS Recovery Sandals are better than their competitors because:

  • Absorb MORE shock than traditional foams
  • Patented footbed cradles arches
  • Relives pressure on ankles, knees and lower back
  • Durable foam holds it's form indefinitely
  • So light that they float
  • Machine Washable

What I love most about my OOFOS sandals is the way they make my feet feel AFTER I take them off. My feet truly feel as though they have been walking on clouds.  They feel relaxed - even pampered!   I have a spring in my step.  I can conquer the world!

OOFOS are very comfortable and come in a variety of styles and colors.  If thongs aren't for you - don't fret!  They have slides and clogs as well! 




These sandals are true to size to my normal footwear.  I wear a 9 shoe and a 9.5 running shoe.  I ordered size 9 and they fit fantastic!  

I've currently completed 6 weeks of training for my next marathon so these sandals have really come in handy.  Oftentimes, when the kids are snug in their beds, I'll start an epsom salt soak.  I will sit back and relax and afterwards I'll slip on my OOFOS.   I'm learning how to better care for the feet that so desperately need the comfort and relaxation!  




You've probably noticed that these particular sandals have the breast cancer symbol on the side.  I chose these sandals because these are a part of the Project Pink line from OOFOS.  For every pair of shoes from this line sold,  $10 is donated to cancer research.  I really think that this is fantastic - and besides,  pink is FUN! 

OOFOS mission is to make yOO feel better, one step at a time.  When one of their own, Duncan Finigan, was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer, the OOFOS team knew that they had to help the cause!  The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute was the cause they were to support!  If you'd like to see more you can follow the link here.

I have really enjoyed these sandals and they have quickly become part of my daily shoe wardrobe. But let's be honest, my shoe collection is really just running shoes and flats.   These fit in very nicely! 

My only con was that after wearing them a while, but feet seemed to be a bit sweaty, and on our hard wood floors, I started to squeak a bit while walking.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but the noise got to be aggravating.  I will say that once the weather gets nicer,  I will be wearing them outside and alas - no wood floors. 

I would absolutely give these recovery shoes a try!  They will for sure be joining me at many finish lines to come! 

28 comments:

  1. I won a pair of Oofos a few years ago and we have been inseparable! I need a new pair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my Oofos! They are so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a pair of Oofos for over a year and I love them so much! I usually rock them with a pair of compression socks after a long run or a race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my OOfos too they are my swim before and after shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot about them but Ive never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know so many people who swear by these. I still have my old Crocs from senior year of high school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody's gotta have a pair of crocs. I think I have 3 pair! :) Great for the garage!

      Delete
  7. Oofos are machine washable?! Brilliant. I need these in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After my trail run this past weekend, I was wishing I had a pair of sandals to change into. And now I wish I have a pair of Oofos to wear after reading your review and will probably get a pair. I'm amazed they're machine washable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe they were machine washable either! I wonder if they get stinky?

      Delete
  9. These look so comfortable! I feel if I had a pair I'd live in them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard such wonderful things about these sandals or flip flops as we call them down south! I need these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We say flip flops here in MN too! I live in flip flops in the summer!

      Delete
  11. I love mine! I have them on this very minute and don't know why I waited so long to try them! Worth every penny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love OOFOS, they are the best....great for post race recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sound awesome! I never ever go barefoot, so these might be perfect for me to wear around the house after leg runs...heading to their website now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was really insightful.
    Thanks for such a nice content.
    Cheers
    BTW if anyone interested more have a look theshoesfinder.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . . . .
    Online Fitness Coach

    ReplyDelete