Friday, February 24, 2017

It's Runfession Time!

Yeah, Baby! 
It's RUNFESSION time and I have a few doozies! 

Make sure to check in with Marcia and her monthly link-up to 
hear all about our dirty little secrets. 




This post should start out with a disclaimer.   Read at your own risk.  *insert sarcastic smiley face. Gentlemen, if you're reading this - beware.

RUNFESSION #1 

I smell like a dead animal after I run.   No sugar coating it.  I do.

My kids and husband have been teasing me lately.  "EWWW,  Mommy YOU SMELL...go take a shower!"  "Yucky!! Mommy, you smell like a dead animal."




I texted this photo to my husband this week with a smiley face.

Sometimes, I smell REALLY bad.   I can't help it, it's a fact.  I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but pretty much immediately after I get done with a run I head to the shower.  But, don't despair, within minutes, I'm back to smelling like fresh flowers and sunshine.

RUNFESSION #2

I had a very amusing conversation with some of my besties the other day about chaffing.  But, as you can imagine, it was not in an area of typical chaffing.  Unfortunately, my long run last Saturday left me with some surprisingly painful lady parts.  Why you ask?  I have no idea.   Had I known there was going to be so much discomfort, believe me I would have done something about it.




But, here ensues the hilarity of the conversation.  Imagine your lightning-fast fingers, texting back and forth, sarcastic remarks to your best friends - all while talking about how your lady parts are on fire.

And so.... the brain-child invention "Vagi-Glide" was magically invented.   I'm going to make millions!! Hands off ladies - this name is mine!  HA!  But, unfortunately, we discussed how the name of said brain-child invention really seemed more like it belonged in an adult entertainment industry than the running industry.

Alas, now I have to go back to working my day job.

RUNFESSION #3 

And, now that you're thoroughly entertained by my chaffing and stupidity, I'll get a bit serious.  I runfess that I don't like doing my weekly training recaps.  It's become more of a chore for me and I like my blog posts to feel a bit more light-hearted.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE the link-ups with Tricia & Holly and that is why I continue to do my recaps.  But additionally, this training cycle I'm keeping an actual running journal.  There is something about actually using a pen and paper to write about my week that has me feeling good about my training.

I'm sure I'll still keep linking up, but it's not my most favorite subject to write about.


ATTENTION: A NEW BLOG IS COMING! 




On another note, my husband is a wizard with website design, so he's designing me a NEW BLOG!  I'm super stoked about this and I can't wait for it to roll out! I'm hoping by April 1st it will be launched.

A few months ago, I decided to change the name of my blog from hanzelboyzmama to runningaroundtheboyz.   I have a bunch of reasons for the name change, but I feel the new name is more relevant to my life.  I'm a runner, a busy working mom, and I'm running around my boys constantly.  The name fits.

The only downside to this new blog is that I have to manually transfer all of my old blog posts.  For that reason, I think I'm only going to go out one year of posts.  I don't think anyone will miss the older posts.

RUNFESSION #4 

It's been a pain to establish my new handle.  Just yesterday, I changed my Instagram handle from @hanzelboyzmama to @runningaroundtheboyz.  So, look for me there!  But, I hope it hasn't been too confusing?!

I noticed today that my first post with my new handle hasn't been getting near the engagement as it did with the previous name.   It's actually down about 50%.  I guess it will just take some time to be recognized again.  I have gotten a few comments already that people have noticed - that's good!

Also, Twitter is being a snot about the new name.  I can't change my Twitter handle because the new name is too long!  Crap.  Alas, my Twitter handle will remain the same.

That's all for now!

I'm bracing myself for this mysterious "so-called" crazy demon snowstorm we are supposed to get today.  Good bye Spring temps, you were wonderful while we had you!




And, no I don't want to build a snowman.



36 comments:

  1. I discovered vagi-glide like products when I started cycling. The brand I have is chamois butter, but you can put it directly on your lady parts. :-) Very exciting about your blog redesign! It's like re-doing your house without the mess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! But, little does my husband know he's going to be doing some painting for me too! :) Lol!

      Delete
  2. I smell horrible after my runs in the summer, lol. It's so bad that I can't even run errands after a long run in the summer. I have to go home, shower, and then go back out. Sweat definitely doesnt smell like roses, lol

    I noticed your IG name change - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about Twitter. My Twitter and IG handles don't match because of my name being too many characters. Its frustrating when all of the social media accounts can't match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. raccoon maybe? Skunk might be too mean. :) LOL!

      Delete
  5. I think HooHaa Glide would be a competitor of your product. Yeah the lady parts sometimes. I just don't know. I changed my IG handle without a hitch. I didn't change twitter. Good luck with the blog switch! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't everyone smell after a run? Admittedly, I really don't sweat as much as others I've run with which while it's easy on the nose it makes summer running very difficult as I just don't seem to cool myself during runs like others do. Oh well, guess there's always a trade-off!

    As to the blog name change ...I've already thought that I will have to change mine once I'm no longer in my 50's ...not looking forward to that. Wish I had thought of that before I pressed 'go' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - but when you can even smell yourself it's pretty bad. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh man, when I got home from boxing last night I could smell myself. That's a sure sign others can smell me, and I promise I bathe regularly, I just don't always want to wash my hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hairstylist BEGS me to not wash my hair everyday. I just can't. I wash my hair every damn day. lol

      Delete
  8. This Florida runner doesn't smell good either- oh well I say! LOL about the chafing- I spend more time worrying about chafing then anything else! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the heat in Florida would really get to me - it would take me a LONG time to adjust for sure!

      Delete
  9. lol you are right about the chaffing! I like to write things down in a journal too. I didn't write a weekly Recap last week just because I had been sick and didn't feel up to it. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving my journal - for some reason it makes training seem more real!

      Delete
  10. I don't have chaffing probs...very often. But when I do....holy momma, OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use a product called Hoo-Ha-Ride Glide for cycling. It's nice. Warming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear ya on the bad smell post run! My kids and husband always tell me I stink after my long runs, haha! Try some vaseline for your lady bits, thatight help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good shower right after my run though!

      Delete
  13. I like the new name of your blog, and I can't believe that I wasn't following you already on IG. Am now, though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone smells lovely after they run! :0 Look forward to seeing the new blog layout

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes! Late February seems late for a demon snowstorm! I hope everything is ok.

    Congrats on the new blog! A redesign is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool that your husband can design your blog! I use chamois butter for chaffing in my lady parts area, although that typically only happens to me while biking. I have found vaseline works like a charm for my chest area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vaseline - I bet that would work wonders! yes - my husband loves graphic design work!

      Delete
  17. LOL love the dead animal reference - so true! Chaffing is the worst for me on the bike. While there are body glide and chamois creams out there, good old Neosporin works just the same. I swear by it - Granted, it ain't pretty putting it on and believe me I put it everywhere, but I wouldn't ride or tri without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear it enough! It's always an afterthought!

      Delete
  18. I want to change my blog design too but I'm staying with blogger. Are you going with Wordpress? I found someone who does it and I like their designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not using wordpress and at the moment I can't think of the website I'm using. :) Leaving that to my husband until it's ready. :) yeah!

      Delete
  19. I hate snow. Good luck with the new blog, I know it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I runfess that I smell pretty awful post-run as well!

    Oh the chafing...not fun!!

    Good luck with the new site design! When I moved from Blogger to Wordpress.org I never looked back!

    ReplyDelete