Thursday, January 26, 2017

Lick Your Lips Good! My Review of Nugo Dark Chocolate Nutrition Bars

Disclaimer:  I received Nugo Dark Chocolate Nutrition Bars to enjoy and review as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave to review, find and write race reviews.


When I first was given the opportunity to test out another nutrition bar I was skeptical.  I have tried many nutrition bars and honestly, in my opinion, the fact that they were packaged for convenience was really their only redeeming quality.  Many of the bars that are currently on the market today seem chalky, have a strange texture, are the size of my thumb and boast lots of information about how they are the best bar out there.   The problem is - the competitor bars "say" they are the best, but if I can't stand to eat them,  they are just going to sit in my pantry.  

BUT - I am here to tell you.  Nugo Nutrition Dark Chocolate bars are absolutely fantastic!  Truly.  They are!   They come in 7 different flavors so you're sure to find one that you enjoy!  For this review,  I received twelve bars in 4 different flavors;  Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Pretzel with Sea Salt and Chocolate Coconut.  

YUM!  All of these flavors tasted amazing.  




My absolute, hands-down, favorite was the Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel.  OMG - the flavor blast was so decadent.  The dark chocolate with the large pieces of sea salt had me licking my lips just "thinking" about eating it.   If there is only one bar you're willing to try, this is the flavor.




Sorry, couldn't resist the Sponge Bob reference. HA! 

What do I love about these bars? 

  • Gluten-Free
  • Vegan
  • Less than 15g of sugar per bar
  • 10g of protein
  • Real dark chocolate
  • Rich in antioxidants
  • 200 calories 
  • Great Texture
  • Great Size
  • Price

We all know that runners spend a lot of money on their sport.  Ok, so maybe it's just me?!?  One of the other major selling points for me was the availability of these bars and their price point.  They are available in many different locations and I found them two different places only miles from my home.

If you're having trouble locating a store near you, they also can be purchased online.   I was pleasantly surprised to see that you can get an entire box of 12 for $19.00.  That's less than $1.50 per bar.   Very reasonable.    In an expensive sport,  it's refreshing to see a nutrition bar that doesn't break the bank! 

I love the convenience of these bars as well.  Not only are they easy to stash in my purse, they are easy to eat.  They have a great texture and I really felt like I was getting a guilt-free chocolate fix.  I found that I ate these bars mostly on the way to work with a piece of cheese for breakfast or as an afternoon snack for that pick-me-up much needed after a long work day.  




I am a busy mom of two boys and work full time.  I always have one of these bars in my purse to help me when an emergency strikes!  We all know what happens when I get "HANGRY."   On another note;  my kids loved them as well!   I actually hid them so they wouldn't eat them!  #momoftheyear 

If I had to place my favorites in a list it would look like this: 
  1. Chocolate Pretzel with Sea Salt
  2. Chocolate Coconut ( a very close second to the pretzel )
  3. Mint Chocolate Chip
  4. Chocolate Chocolate Chip
I truly enjoyed all of the bars I tried.    If you just HAVE to try these bars for yourself, and I strongly suggest you do, you may order online at Nugo Nutrition and receive 15% off your order with code "BIBRAVE1".  Hurry as this code is only good through Feb. 8th, 2017. 

I promise you'll find a bar that you love!   


6 comments:

  1. Great review...the mint chocolate chip are my favorite, but the salted pretzel was amazing as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a late night mint chocolate snack! :)

      Delete
  2. great review, they really are a bar you CAN eat! no chalky crap, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.
    Online Fitness Coach

    ReplyDelete