Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Don't Miss Out on This Race!

Disclaimer:  I received a race entry to Festival Foods Grandad Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave 
to review, find and write race reviews.




The Festival Foods Grandad Half Marathon is just three weeks away.  It's my first half marathon of 2018 and my 12th overall.  This race holds a special place in my heart because it's run in La Crosse, WI; my hometown.   I know the course well, and it's nostalgic for me to run by some of the most beautiful parts of my town.

If you are looking for a very well run race, with a great post-race celebration and net downhill course, this is your race.  But,  just in case you need a bit more convincing, here's some fun facts about the race!



The race starts at the top!  The first two miles are straight downhill.  You are sure to have your fastest miles at the start.  Don't worry, your quads won't be too burnt out by the time you're done.  You will have gorgeous views of the entire city and if you look into the distance you'll see the iconic Missisippi River Bridge.  That bridge is your finish line! 




Riverside Park is where your race ends.  It doesn't get much more beautiful than running up the Mississippi River to your finish line.  Plus, the post race food does NOT disappoint.  In true Wisconsin fashion, you'll have beer from the local Pearl Street Brewery and a brat!  YUM.    There is plenty of wide open space to stretch and rest after your race and fun bounce houses for the kids too; make sure to bring your family with you!

Along the course, you'll also have plenty to look forward to.  The water stops are plentiful and are all themed.  You can vote for your favorites at the end of the race.  My absolute favorite is the Green Island Ice Arena water stop at Mile 11.  Just when you don't think you can run anymore, they are ready with a gigantic pile of freshly made snow.  Feel free to throw a snowball or just jump right in like I did! 




If you like race bling, and who doesn't, you'll be impressed with this race!  Each year, they incorporate the iconic blue bridge.  It bridges the gap between Wisconsin and Minnesota and has really made La Crosse famous!  It's nice to know that we're not just famous for the worlds biggest SIX PACK.  Although, the six-pack is a sight to see, so if you want a short walk from the race finish, be sure to check it out.  

Here are the medals that I have from this race!


And... just because I think it's a great talking point; here's the World's Largest Six-Pack!



So, HURRY!!  You have three weeks to register.  I can't WAIT to see you there! Make sure to use code "BIBRAVE18" for 10% OFF your registration!



2 comments:

  1. It won't be this year for me but this race sounds so fun! Except for the snow. Really, I've had my fill. As I"m sure you will be saying after this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO fun and if you decide you'll race maybe next year - I will be there!! And OH MY GOODNESS - it's sunday night and STILL SNOWING!

      Delete