Monday, March 19, 2018

Who doesn't LOVE chocolate??

Disclaimer:  I received a race entry to the Allstate Hot Chocolate 15K as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave 
to review, find and write race reviews.




Who doesn't love a good theme race?  When you add in chocolate goodness and sweet and salty confections, it doesn't get any better.   It's been a few years since I've ran the Allstate Hot Chocolate 15K and I'm very excited.  I ran the race for the first time in April of 2015 and due to scheduling conflicts I haven't returned in 3 years.   

I Finished!  15K  1:23:27



That was at the top of a blog post I wrote about my first experience running this race.  If you want, you can check it out here.  My average time was 8:58/mile.  Going into the race this year, I have a goal of finishing with a time of 8:30/mile.  1:19:14 would put me over the moon.  Challenge accepted!  I have been working hard with strength training and varying up my workouts.  I feel stronger and I know that I'm faster. 

So, WHY run the Allstate Hot Chocolate? 

The SWAG is pretty cool!  Just check out the awesome pull over!  I love purple!



The medals.  Don't they look good enough to eat??  I don't know about you... but I love running races that have nice looking medals!  It's a great reward at your finish line! 





It's a USATF-certified course that has been certified for accuracy.  Is there anyone that hasn't run the 15K distance yet?  It's just enough to feel like you're challenged, and in my opinion, a great race to really work on maintaining speed!  Here's the course map! 

The course winds through some of the most beautiful parts of Minneapolis with beautiful city-scape views most of the run!  It does have some slight elevation changes, but nothing too concerning.  If you can, train a few hills before this race as it's not flat.  




When you register, make SURE to use code  BRHCMINN18 at checkout for a special FREE baseball cap!


I hope to see you in Minneapolis on April 14th!  I'll be there anxious to cross that finish line and fill my belly with yummy chocolate goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment