Thursday, August 28, 2014

FAST FOOD IS THE DEVIL!

Happy Thursday Morning Everyone!




I want to make something clear.  I RUN FOR FOOD!  Seriously.... most days I run so that I know I have just a "few" more calories to eat junk.  I have a problem... it's no secret.  However, I'm looking for help.  I crave convenience and therefore because of that, I eat fast food.  A LOT!!! 




I KNOW that if I wasn't exercising and running consistently, I would gain weight steadily.  Over the last 4 months, ( the last one doesn't count ) but from April - July I lost 12 pounds. I gave up soda completely, and did not eat fast food except for the occasional Subway.  I was feeling great! Absolutely fantastic. 


But, now this last month, back on soda heavily again. Anything diet is my soda of choice. And, EVERY DAY for lunch I eat fast food. Yesterday was DQ chicken fingers and a SUNDAE!  My weight has stayed at 139, which is a good thing, however I can feel everything sliding.  My belly is bloated, my skin is dry, I hardly drink water.  Among other things. 






So you're asking.... if you were "healthy " once, why not just jump on the train?  I DON'T KNOW!  I love running - thank goodness!  I still get up 6 days a week at 4:50AM to run. Saturday, I'm planning a 10 mile long run. 






My "mothering" skills I feel are suffering too because I'm not teaching my children how to eat healthy.  Many times their dinners include at least a piece of fruit ( THANK GOD ) but otherwise it's chicken nuggets, PB & J or the sort.  Of course they don't mind and they are extremely active and very healthy, skinny little boys.  But, I MIND.... and I can't seem to get on track. 






So my question is: For anyone that may reads my blog:  How do I start?  I work full time - get home at 5:45 at night - dinner is a struggle to get going so convenience takes over.  We haven't had a family sit down meal at the the table in months.  Most meals the kids eat at the counter on stools and I stand.


Have a very happy and hopefully healthy Labor Day Weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. Its so hard. I don't have kids in the house & I always say I don't know how mom's do it. Its hard enough to get healthy dinners for just the hubs & I at 7:30 each night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my crock pot....put in hamburger meat or ground turkey...I can turn that into tacos, chilli, spaghetti, enchiladas, lasagna etc. Put chicken breasts in....kids can add ketchup to the shredded chicken, add taco seasoning, bbq etc. Put chicken breasts in, add a package of chilli seasoning, a can of corn, a can of black beans let it cook on low all day and serve with some shredded cheese on top and some corn chips. Chicken or beef cut in strips with Italian salad dressing, onions and bell peppers, wallah fajita; chicken breasts with a package of taco seasoning, chicken tacos or chicken taco salad. I can make cakes and cobblers in the crock pot also.

    ReplyDelete