Friday, June 15, 2018

Put Some Spring in Your Step - My review of the Brooks Levitate Running Shoes

Disclaimer:  I received the Brooks Levitates to use and review as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave 
to review, find and write race reviews.



Christmas shopping.  Long lines. Black Friday Chaos.   It's much like the experience of a runner getting FREE running shoes!  Everyone is up before the birds and are standing in lines waiting to snag that "too-good-to-be-true" deal.   Except,  I was gifted a FREE pair of Brooks Levitates to review and I didn't have to stand in line!  I call that a WIN! 

But, let's get to the important review. I love running shoes.  I have tested many over the last 8 years of running!  Many have been retired after hundreds of miles; some to the running-shoe graveyard.  May they rest in peace.  

I was so excited to test out these shoes because I have been a loyal Brooks runner for about 4 years.  I appreciate the heal cushion and roomy toe-box of the Glycerins.  I honestly had never tried any other model of the shoes, so when the opportunity came to test the Levitates, I jumped at the chance.   I was one of the lucky nine who tested! 

I was like a kid at Christmas when the box came to my door, would they be white; or blue; or black?  It was all just so exciting!  I was pleasantly surprised to have the black color.  I appreciated the fact that I could wear them with anything; even out and about with athleisure.  




So how do they perform?  From the first moment I put them on, I could tell they had ample cushion.  Cushion is a very important feature that I look for in a shoe.  They were a little snug on the top of my foot, but I found that after my first run, they loosened up just fine.  The toe box was roomy which is a huge plus!  Even though I don't have a wide width, I have long toes and wear thick socks.  Those of you looking for a wider toe box will love these shoes. 

I also immediately felt the springy sole when walking.  Plus, it was as if I was bouncing on air during my runs.  My farthest run in these shoes was 10 miles, but I could easily run a marathon in them.  They are a neutral shoe and weigh 9.7 ounces; although I'd be lying if I knew the difference between how light shoes are when compared to others. 


Nice reflection on the soles

These shoes have been through rain and snow and are perfect for running on the road.  I also use these shoes daily for my strength and HIIT training workouts.  I'm finding that I am jumping and bouncing a bunch during these workouts and my feet are supported very comfortably.  

The overall look of these shoes is somewhat simple.  Usually, I go with a very flashy variety.  When picketing out my shoes, I first choose comfort and then I choose as bright of a color as reasonably acceptable.   What can I say?  If I'm spending my hard earned money on a running shoe I want them to be cute.  My only complaint of these shoes is that they didn't seem as breathable as I'm used to.  Although, I do wear very thick socks, so this may not be a fair judgement.  




Overall, these have been a reliable running shoe for me and I would definitely buy them again! They retail for $150 but right now on the website they are on sale for $119.95.  That's a great deal for quality running shoes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment