Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Got Turkey? Then you need to Run the Century Link Turkey Day 5K

Disclaimer:  I write this blog post because I am a Bibrave Pro and want to fill you in on a GREAT race the Century Link Turkey Day 5K
Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador),
and check out BibRave to review, find and write race reviews.




I couldn't resist this cartoon because honestly, it really made me laugh!  For years and years, Thanksgiving has been a time when family comes together to celebrate each other.  Most of us eat a FEAST meant for kings that fill our bellies for days!  I love Thanksgiving!  It is one of my favorite times of the year.  I barely lift a finger at Thanksgiving.  Is that fair?  Maybe not.  Is it glorious?  Absolutely.  

No pressure for gifts, no pressure to prepare food.  I can sit back and relax and enjoy the family around me.  Now THAT'S what I call Thanksgiving.  

Unfortunately though, and here's where the stats come in.  The AVERAGE American eats 4,500 calories at the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with ALL the trimmings!  Say what?  How can this be?  

Do you want a way to off-set a bit of those calories?  If you're local to the Minneapolis, MN area, you may just want to get yourself registered for the Century Link Turky Day 5K.  The race starts early enough for you to have a great run, have a lot of FUN and earn the races FIRST EVER finishers medal!  

I bet if you look hard enough, you can even snag a picture with your favorite Turkey! 


How cute are these pilgrims?  Are YOU brave enough to run in costume?

I say that's a WIN!  Grab your friends, pull on your running gear and get to that starting line on Thanksgiving day!  If you want to register early, use code "TURKEYDAY2017" for 10% off your registration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment