Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Hot Chocolate 2018 Here I COME!

Disclaimer:  I get to run Hot Chocolate 5K/15K  in Minneapolis on April 2018
as part of being a BibRave Pro.
Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador),
and check out BibRave to review, find and write race reviews.



For the most part, my huge race season of 2017 is already over.   I know... you're saying - "wait a minute.... there is 6 months left in the year?"  But you see, here's the thing....

I had so much preparation leading up to my recent marathon a few weeks ago,  I had little time to focus on anything else.   I promised my family that after my June marathon, I would take it easy in the training department and just run for fun!  

Run for FUN!  I can't think of a better way to run for FUN than to run a Hot Chocolate Race!  I first ran this race back in 2015 and loved every minute of it.  Plus, the post-race medals for the 15K finishers were "BLING" enough for me to register.  In addition, the 15K is a fantastic distance for me because it requires little extra training, as I usually can pick up and run 9 miles at anytime.

I was disappointed in 2016 when an injury gave me my very first DNS.  Major bummer.  Then again this year in April, this race fell on Easter weekend.  In my book, family is always more important than a race, so it was a year that I again could not run it.

April 2018 is my year!  YES!  I'm coming for you Hot Chocolate and I can't wait!

If you're looking for a great race with awesome gear!  Check this one out.  Here are a few highlights!


  • Amazing medal

  • Great Finisher Shirts
  • Post race chocolate!  YES!



It might seem a bit crazy to think about running a race that is still 10 months away... but I say GO FOR IT!  It's a great race!

Plus!!  For bonus SWAG, use CODE "BRHCMINN18" for this super cute baseball cap!


3 comments:

  1. I ran Hot Chocolate a while back and was so disappointed by my experience. I'm sure it's a well oiled machine by now. My friend Steph is trying to convince me to do it with her in the fall. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran the event in Philadelphia and it was fun. They really do hook you up with some yummy post-race food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Minnesota's Hot Chocolate in April every year? Happy training to you! It was great (minus the rain...) this year!

    ReplyDelete